Restylane in San Francisco
It is the world’s most studied and most used dermal filler, so we are confident that it will meet the needs of our patients.
Restylane® and Perlane®, the newest addition to the Restylane® family of products are injected in similarly to Collagen but do not require a prior skin test to look for allergic reaction. Since the results are immediate, downtime consists of as little as a few hours.
Both Restylane® and Perlane® contain Hyaluronic Acid, an injectable agent well suited to enhance lips, correct wrinkles or otherwise augment soft tissue. In the case of of Restylane® and Perlane®, the hyaluronic acid is created in a laboratory, but it can also be derived from animal sources (rooster comb).The primary difference between Perlane® and Restylane® is that Perlane® filler contains a larger concentration of hyaluronic acid. Because of this, Perlane® is generally used for larger folds, while Restylane® injections are better suited for smaller wrinkles or to maintain previous Perlane® injection results.
Common uses for Restylane® and Perlane® include:
- Wrinkle correction
- Diminishing worry lines, smile lines, crow’s feet, marionette lines at corners of the mouth, and smoker’s lines
- Lip enhancement
- Chin augmentation
- Softening acne scars
- Filling cheek depressions
- Reducing the severity of nasolabial folds
- Redefining lip border
Other, less common, uses for Restylane® and Perlane® include:
- Creating a temporary eyebrow lift
- Filling hollows under the eyes
- Softening the appearance of jowls
- Correcting facial depressions caused by fat loss